Bedrijf USG Professionals Legal
Locatie 2018 Antwerpen
Type Vaste job
Talen Engels, Nederlands
Referentie JB 19 02
Our client is a global material solutions company, with headquarters in Antwerp. They are a major worldwide player in the extraction, production and distribution of a broad range of industrial minerals. Our client is still a privately owned & family business, operating in over 200 production sites in more than 40 countries with a team nearing 10,000 people. Their shareholders, united for more than 140 years, provide stability and a long term view on our business.
For their Group headquarters in Antwerp they are currently looking for an IP Coordinator.
As a member of the Technology & Innovation department, the IP coordinator is responsible for the global management of our client’s intellectual property assets. As IP coordinator, you divide your time and attention between technical, administrative (paralegal) and informative work.
- You are responsible for the follow up and management of the existing patent and trademark portfolios of our client in close collaboration with the key stakeholders (business units, marketing, commercial and legal);
- You work closely with external patent law firms and trademark law firms;
- With your technical background, you perform indicative Freedom To Operate searches, novelty searches and patent watches with the help of a specialized IP searching software tool and you coordinate the actions;
- You organize regular patent review meetings with the key stakeholders and inventors to discuss the status and results (Search Reports, Office Actions, FTO search results, …), coordinate the actions and advise the stakeholders.
- You work in collaboration with the internal stakeholders and external providers, you challenge the technical novelty potential and innovation level of new invention disclosures and you are responsible for the management of these cases.
- In relation to trademarks, you function as a service provider to the marketing department. You coordinate the filings of new trademarks with the external trademark lawyer and you coordinate the renewals and oppositions relating to the existing trademarks.
- You provide input and assistance on intellectual property matters (NDA’s, …) to the legal department.
- You keep meticulous documentation and records throughout the patenting and trademark processes
- You deal with patent expenses and trademark expenses per case and per business unit;
- You increase staff awareness of intellectual property by providing training to engineers with respect to patent information and patent searching.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law;
- You have experience in patent law and trademark law processes;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- You have excellent organizational skills and you put strong attention to details;
- You have strong communication skills and you are a good listener;
- You are a team player and you are in the ability to work independently;
- You have good computer and IP search skills.
Sibelco offers an international and stimulating company culture with room for autonomy and responsibility, giving you the opportunity to develop yourself. Our client offers an interesting remuneration package according to your experience.
Over de vacature
Job locatieUSG Professionals Legal
Contact infoUSG Professionals Legal
03/800 43 06
Contacteer per e-mail
- Persoonlijke gegevens
- Mijn cv
- Sollicitatie voltooid
E-mailadres niet geverifieerd
Velden met een * zijn verplicht